Kalkaska Music Boosters
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Music Education!
The Purposes Of The Kalkaska Music Boosters:
- To provide support and assistance to the music programs at Kalkaska Public Schools.
- To provide financial support for the needs and enrichment of the music education program at Kalkaska Public Schools.
- To promote a sense of community among the Kalkaska Public Schools music director, music students and their parents, and the community at large.
- To increase the participation levels of the parents and students in the music program.
- To continue to improve the image and quality of the Kalkaska Public Schools music program which will create a more desirable place for students, parents, and staff members.
- To obtain donations and perform fund raising activities to provide uniforms, fund trips, and other necessities constructive to quality music performances.
Music Booster Meeting Information:
The Music Boosters generally meet the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. and usually last about an hour. They are held in the Kalkaska High School (KHS) Band Room. Your band student is welcome to attend! Please use the room entrance located at the north end of the building.
Music Booster Officers and Contact Information:
President, Deb Ball-Odeh 231 360-6167 (cell, texts) 231 258-9590 (home) firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Dawn Orr
Treasurer, Guadalupe Reynolds
Secretary, John Reynolds
Welcome and Information Letter
The letter, linked below, offers a good overview of the KPS Music programs for grades 6-12 although it is not meant to be the definitive answer to everything. If you have questions which are school and program related, please contact our director, Craig Chissus, at 231 258-4040 or by email at email@example.com. Anything Boosters related may be directed to Deb Ball-Odeh, contact info given above.
At the bottom of this welcome and info letter is a page solely to inform our music families about the volunteer opportunities available within the school year. It is expected that each band family will do what they are able to help. We realize for some, that may mean one commitment and for some, they are able to help all the time. If everyone gives the time they are able, and not always depend on others to do the helping, we all will be able to enjoy this experience more.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this and please continue on to the