Back to School Update from Superintendent Heitmeyer
Hi Kalkaska Families and Friends,
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to the school. We have put a lot of research and thought into our planning for the new school year!
As we prepare to embark on the 2021-2022 school year, we would like to reach out and touch base because we know you have several questions. Please know that the information we are about to share can be changed at any time due to orders from MDHHS, the Health Department, MHSAA, the Governor’s Office, or legislative action.
To make things simple, here is a quick list of our thoughts as of today:
- Face masks will be optional EXCEPT on buses. The CDC has informed us that face masks must be worn on buses at all times.
- Any positive Covid-19 cases will be reported to the Health Department and the district will communicate with parents.
- Quarantine information will come from the Health Department and we will work with them to ensure that our students are kept safe.
- Currently, there is not a requirement to test student-athletes, staff, etc.
- It is not required to have the Covid-19 vaccine to attend school at this time.
Furthermore, we will continue to keep a safe, clean environment for our students, staff, and families. The practice of extra hand washing, social distancing (if possible), etc. should continue. If students are not feeling well, we ask that you continue to have them stay home until they have felt better for 24 hours!
This information is as current as possible; however, please understand that things can change quickly. We encourage you to get yourself and your eligible family members vaccinated. If your children would like to wear masks while at school, that is a personal choice and totally acceptable; however, the District will not be providing masks. The CDC, MDHHS, and the Health Department all have made recommendations for how this can be a successful school year and the pandemic can come to an end. We are hoping and trusting that you will work with the school district to do what it takes to do our part. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to a wonderful 2021-2022 school year.